Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clan Logo...

Go down 
+4
Echo
Mephisto Phallus
RenKazama
MyInnerFred
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:49 pm

I'll be posting different looking clan logos on this topic for you guys to choose from. A Poll will probably be set up later for voting. I encourage u guys to make your own clan banner/logo for Dead Pixel. Its better to a wide selection of designs to choose from instead of just 2 or 3.

If you want to participate in making a clan logo/banner please post in this topic.
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:59 pm

I'd like it if it looked somewhat like our Combat Arms Emblem.
More badass, less Nexon-y. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steam
Mephisto Phallus

Mephisto Phallus

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:45 am

Clan Logo... XI2ev
so, something like the TDM emblem hur?
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:44 am

Clan Logo... Dead_p11

Here it is at full size. I'm not satisfied so Im making another one. Expect more to come
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Sorry where not TDM, our smaller logo will be very different... It'll be more glossy... I think.

Has no one saw this banner yet? I need critics! Please provide detailed constructive criticism. Spam will be deleted
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:16 pm

I think instead of desaturating the letters in Dead Pixel, you should just put white text over it and lower the opacity or switch it to Overlay or something.
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:27 pm

I never desaturated the text. I used linear burn or something, don't quite remember due to the fact Im not at home atm lol....

I'll change it up a little bit and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I hate the Grim Reaper, AND the color scheme.

D:
Back to top Go down
Steam
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Hater
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 12:06 am

RenKazamaCA wrote:
I hate the Grim Reaper, AND the color scheme.

D:

Dont just tell me you dont like it. Tell me what you want me to change and what you want to see damit. What COLOR SCHEME?
Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 12:39 am

I honestly liked the color scheme and the pattern/effect that your editing created. The only thing I didn't like was the grim reaper. Considering how I personally thought that the swirls and color-play was high quality, the grim reaper seemed too rushed and simple compared to the rest of the logo.
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Yea... the grim reaper took me 5 mins to make lol...
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:15 pm

I don't like the blue... idk. When I think of Dead Pixels I think of black and white (Gray?) Seeing as your emblem itself is Black, Grey, and Yellow, that would work too.

I like how you tried to dot the eye with the grim reaper, but it would be a much better idea to try that with an imitation of our actual clan emblem.
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Would putting the grim reaper inside the D or P make it look better, worse, or no change?
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:50 pm

I just don't like him in general.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Steam
Echo
Leader
Echo

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Yeah the Grim Reaper has nothing to do with Dead Pixel but if you changed the blue to yellow then that might be too much yellow? Idk Fred should try it out and let us see
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
RenKazama

RenKazama

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Echo wrote:
Yeah the Grim Reaper has nothing to do with Dead Pixel but if you changed the blue to yellow then that might be too much yellow? Idk Fred should try it out and let us see

Too much yellow? I was thinking Black/Gray-ish background with a fade. Then the Dead Pixel name with the "i" in pixel being our Logo.
But even so, that might look too right justified, so maybe have the Logo being being the name? Something symmetrical. SYMMETRICALLL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:28 pm

How about having the logo follow the color scheme of our clan emblem? I honestly thought that the grim reaper was an extension of the skull in the emblem.
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Blahblah677 wrote:
How about having the logo follow the color scheme of our clan emblem? I honestly thought that the grim reaper was an extension of the skull in the emblem.

That;s what I was saying all along. -___-
Back to top Go down
Steam
AssassinGK

AssassinGK

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Like how i was taught when i became a designer is no matter the design, a logo sud be able to show its fully quality and its design even when it is shrunken to suit a logo on a pan.....this is just my opinion i think the words dead pixel sud b white plus also think of so a laptop or LCD screen looks when it has a dead pixel or dead pixels, most of the time the pixels appear to b white when they r dead and like i said this is just my opinion..
Back to top Go down
ReallyPale

ReallyPale

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:45 pm

I actually like the banner. If there's too much white, it'll blind anyone trying to access the forum due to the black background = nono. Also, I see red being indicitive of "dead" with the blood references and all that, but blue is so much colder, lifeless. I don't have a problem with it. The grey background on the wording could be set to change, I think, but that's just a personal preference. IMO this banner > current banner.

Just get rid of the reaper. It's derp. Doesn't belong there at all.

Quote :
switch it to Overlay
Second'd.
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Impossible. it wasn't on overlay in the first place the image would look strange.

This was done last year in may and we aren't even using that logo lul. I still however have the psd file.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Logo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Logo...   Clan Logo... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Logo...
Page 1 of 1