Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEXON GUARD

Go down 
+3
Blahblah677
Shottymaster
Elk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Elk

Elk

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 am

Quote :
HACKERS

As some of you may remember, the producers mentioned that a proprietary anti-hack tool would be on its way. Good news- it’s coming sooner than you think and I have a few details for you:

NEXON GUARD- is a new tool we will be utilizing in an effort to more efficiently combat hacks. The biggest improvement NEXON GUARD will bring is that there will be a faster turnaround in fighting released hacks. This means we will be able to have more of an edge in keeping up with those who create the hacks. Now of course this is not the be-all end-all solution to hackers, however this tool will allow us to combat the hackers in new ways—ways we cannot fully disclose for obvious reason.

In addition to NEXON GUARD, a new system will be introduced that encourages and rewards players to submit evidence.
http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/7528330.aspx

How do you guys think this is going to work out?
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 am

I hope it works out well, but knowing Nexon, they'll find a way to make massively embarassing mistakes, the players will rage on the forums, and Kalika will throw an event to keep the rage on the down-low.
Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:54 am

Worst case scenario would be hackers not banned, and a bunch of false positives get legit players banned. I have a feeling it might get some hackers, but then cause some other kind of problem(s) with the game.
Back to top Go down
Elk

Elk

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 am

Quote :

In addition to NEXON GUARD, a new system will be introduced that encourages and rewards players to submit evidence.

I agree with you there, Blah. Especially with this^. They never really specified if its good evidence or if you just submit stuff.
Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 am

Oh yeah that reminds me, do you get rewarded for just submitting evidence, or you submit evidence that bans a hacker? What happens if the whole room submits evidence against a hacker, does everyone get rewarded? And if there are multiple reports against you for being too pro (not for me, but I know that there are a lot of people in DP that get ragekicked). I'm sure that if Nexon just rewards us for submitting, people will just spam reports everywhere. And submitting the evidence better not lag the game if it involves uploading the videos mid-game (if that's what they mean by "evidence").
Back to top Go down
Elk

Elk

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 am

Blahblah677 wrote:
words
You should ask that in the magic thread in the main post. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 am

You mean the "in progress" thread?
edit: I'll post it there right now
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Wtf. So they're going to reward players for reporting me now? -____-
Back to top Go down
Steam
Echo
Leader
Echo

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:55 pm

^

My thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
RenKazama

RenKazama

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Nexon shouldn't have to reward players for reporting things people aren't supposed to be doing.
Players should do it regardless if they enjoy the game.
If Nexon HAS to reward players to do something they should be doing on their own accord and conscience, then someone at the company has more then a few screws loose.

EDIT: Like, more screws loose then the asshole who keeps sitting on the Fiber Optics cable at Gamer's First. Like serious bro, hop off itttt. D:
Back to top Go down
Steam
JohnPwnsYou

JohnPwnsYou

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Why not just look at the positive part? They're trying to fix up the game.
Back to top Go down
Elk

Elk

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 pm

JohnPwnsYou wrote:
Why not just look at the positive part? They're trying to fix up the game.
I wish you could say that to the Nexfail forums. All they look at is the things being done wrong and attack them for it.

But we can't say much about this until it actually comes out.

I mean, I see that they're trying to tell Nexon that the game is REALLY screwed up, its just that if ANYONE says pretty much ANYTHING in any kind of support for Nexon, even the good aspects of the game right now, they get attacked by people. Run on sentences ftw

Last edited by Elk on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added things.)
Back to top Go down
Ariadine

Ariadine

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 am

According to forum clown jukera6 I'm a brown noser for not being super outspoken about Nexon's problems, and for actual being somewhat rational.

I'm sorry for not attributing every problem you encounter to Nexon failing at patching all the hacks.

I just play the game man.
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 am

Dumb people should be out taking summer school instead of toxifying the internet with their lack of IQ points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEXON GUARD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEXON GUARD   NEXON GUARD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEXON GUARD
Page 1 of 1