Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Leader
Echo

The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit Empty
PostSubject: The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit   The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey guys, so over the past day or two this has been the source of a lot of conversation, and unfortunately, a bit of bad blood. I've heard both sides of they story as well as speaking to bystanders and witnesses, getting opinions from people defending both camps. After a little bit of debate, this post is my decision along with a few words that I feel everyone should read. No, not everyone can get along in the world. It sucks but it's simply the truth. I want this to be an example of where I stand on issues such as these.

First of all, members will find a poll in DP Discussion calling for NoLimit's ban. To make things clear to everyone, including Hopes, this ban vote was not initiated because Hopes called for it. In fact, as a lot of people misconstrued from his post, Hopes was not specifically calling for banning NoLimit. He was simply asking for action to be taken against him because Hopes felt like he was being attacked for expressing his opinion. His post was worded aggressively, which he is aware of, so I can see where the misunderstanding came from. Anyways, Hopes is not a member of Dead Pixel, so he has no say or decision in who stays or goes within our community. The reason I put up the poll for NoLimit's ban is because I already gave him his 'last warning', since he has created some problems in the past. I do not make empty threats or promises, and I will follow through with what I say. Regardless, if my clanmates feel a different way, I will not do it anyways in a show of power. For anyone that happens to frequent our corner of the internet, it is and always will be the members of Dead Pixel who decide.

Now with that aside, a few more words.

Fred, attempting to diffuse the situation, pulled NoLimit and Hopes apart. Fred suggested that if Hopes felt it necessary, he could post what he felt on the forums and it would be in the air, and as a community we can talk about this and get it resolved. I believe this was the correct course of action. Hopes did not get onto the forums with the sole purpose to get NoLimit banned from the Teamspeak. In these threads, there were responses that I can only describe as disappointing. Reading what was posted ofter one single serious reply to a problem within our community pretty much made me feel embarrassed that this was my clan. Please, I know we like to mess around, and I personally do not like to get serious, but if there is a problem threatening the tight-knit and chill spot we've all worked pretty hard for, I want to be at least treated with respect. Please.
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

PostSubject: Re: The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit   The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Bravo I couldn't have said it any better.
Back to top Go down
flamix13

flamix13

PostSubject: Re: The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit   The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:22 pm

^
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

PostSubject: Re: The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit   The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:17 pm

I want to know both sides before I place my vote.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor

The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit   The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:00 pm

I guess this is the best time for me to give my side of the story/explain my actions.
I came on TS Monday and was told to go to the forums while everyone in the background with laughing. There were 2 threads; 1 made as a cry for help the other was to troll OP’s cry for help. After seeing the 2 threads and how everyone was behaving I was appalled and stormed off Teamspeak. Before storming off I noticed that Fred and Hopes were in a channel together.

Here’s where I’ll take my wrong if anyone feels that way. I assumed that because Fred and Hope where in the channel together, Fred as an Admin was allowing Hope to call for Nolimit’s ban and allowing Hopes to post his thread in the Clan Announcement tab. I apologize for that.

Now that that is out of the way, if you all are wondering why I locked and moved the threads there’s why. The post was made under the clan announcement tab. Clan Announcements are for, well, clan announcement! And that’s all nothing more nothing less. I didn’t see this as a clan announcement so to me it was in an appropriate position. At the time I read that thread, I’m pretty sure it was calling for a “ban” for Nolimit but it seems that I was wrong on that. But let me make it clear to every Dead Pixel member, rando and “Non-members”. Both Nolimit and Hope are very much welcome here. Both have contributed to this clan greatly but neither has the right to call for a “ban” for the other only Dead Pixel members has the right to call for ban against anyone on Teamspeak. One of the fundamental principles at Dead Pixel is democracy and if a critical discussion is made it will most likely be done by a vote.
After seeing how everyone trolled OP’s post, to prevent even more damage I locked the threads. I was disappointed in how everyone treated Hopes post. Seeing those threads reminded me of 4chan…
I’m all about the fun and games in Dead Pixel but when it comes down to the serious stuff everyone should act there age and not their shoe size. For everyone who trolled those threads think of it this way, when every someone new is interested in joining DP don’t you think they’re going to explore our forum? What do you think they are going to think of us after seeing how we (members) treat others when they have a problem?

With all that said, if my actions offended anyone I apologize for that. I handle the situation as best as I could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit   The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Case of Hopes vs NoLimit
Page 1 of 1