Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The white wolf

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Unblest_Devotee

Unblest_Devotee

The white wolf Empty
PostSubject: The white wolf   The white wolf I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:41 pm

So who else here is going to be preordering the Witcher 3; Wild hunt? The second game was amazing I can't wait to see how this next one pans out. it definitely looks incredibly beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

By the way if you havn't played any of the games the timing in combat is a lot like the Batman Arkham series except that you are one deadly bad ass. That doesn't make the game super easy though considering a enemies blade will cut you the same as yours would them. Pressing a different movement key with whichever strike button you chose changes the attack you do. Basically the sword play ends up being what assassin's creed wanted to do but could never manage.

I would suggest picking up The Witcher 2 during it's next sale which will most likely happen on steam's Christmas wallet massacre.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

The white wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white wolf   The white wolf I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 am

I really wanted to get the Witcher 2, but I was swamped with other things which makes me sad because this game sounds like it's RIGHT down my alley.

I'm definitely going to get this game, but it'll depend on the pre-order bonuses on whether I'll pre-order it or wait a few months after release
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
Unblest_Devotee

Unblest_Devotee

The white wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white wolf   The white wolf I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:51 pm

At most the bonus will just include an extra sword or something. On the witcher 2 they did a dlc put they kept it free as well as the texture update. By the way the second one's graphics are still really good today. I definately suggest picking it up.
But I'd say skip the first game. It's story telling was pretty good but gameplay sucked it was just spaming the flame spell or spamming the single target attack. Also if you install and play the first one on your computer then try to play the second it'll crash everytime till you go in the registry and get rid of the extra stuff left behind.

Bear in mind that this is a pretty small studio that makes the game.
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

The white wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white wolf   The white wolf I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Watched ppl play wither 2 on youtube looked interesting but I don't think I'd dump my gaming hours into that game
Back to top Go down
Unblest_Devotee

Unblest_Devotee

The white wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white wolf   The white wolf I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Game play is a shit ton harder than it looks cause most people putting videos up on youtube of it are really good with timing. I have to admit that I die way too much in the game though
http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_2
Btw right now it's on sale for 10 bucks here. But I'd say wait for Christmas sales on steam cause it usually goes down to $5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The white wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white wolf   The white wolf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The white wolf
Page 1 of 1