Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boost activity and forum use.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Unblest_Devotee

Unblest_Devotee

Boost activity and forum use. Empty
PostSubject: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:42 am

Any ideas how we can do this? Xdol and his friends ( Like a group of 6) are always in the huehue room doing day-z/rust/Planetside 2) we got DWT always online but never playing a thing and then there is me and the russians in the cage who do BF4 and discuss music. We gotta get admin shit going, get this group doing shit.

I don't know maybe I'm just ranting out of boredom but I still really think we need to stat actually making use of the stuff we got.
Back to top Go down
Darkrumors

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah the forum is really dead. It was never really heavily active from my time here, but it could use a kickstart. :/

Forum events with prizes? Idk how that would work money wise, but its an idea, even if you just use titles on the forum i.e. "Winner of blah blah contest: Feb, 2014". I'm pretty sure these forums support that function.

or group gaming days, once a month or so, set up an event on a game that everyone can/does play
if possible, the only way anyone would know about it is by forum post. Maybe even go further and outright reward those that post on the event's thread 'signing up' for the event.

Just a couple thoughts, but bringing a forum to life isn't the easiest thing to do...

Idk, but you're in a gaming clan, you shouldn't be bored Razz
Back to top Go down
Unblest_Devotee

Unblest_Devotee

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:32 pm

I know I'm just saying even if we don't boost the forum use we have to increase the amount of people active on Teamspeak and actually have members mingle with each other more often. We have too much division as it stands
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:14 am

I've tried everything I could think of. We had Photoshop contests way back when (cash prize even), barely anything happened. I pushed hard for forum use in every meeting, fell on deaf ears. There was an idea of anime discussion threads, so I spent 3 hours writing a review of 2013 anime to test the interest and got a single response. I don't think weekly/bi-weekly discussion threads would result in a lot of conversation based on that.

If you call a gaming night, it usually has pretty good turn out. Meetings have decent turn out as well. Beyond that, no one seems to care or wants to help the community grow; it's just people waiting around and waiting for something to happen.

I've spent a lot of personal time and money trying to get things back to way they were, but unless I'm 100% consistent on it for months on end then it just dies right back off. No ones willing to pick up the torch (so to speak) and help run things when I can't be here. That's why we always have these crazy spikes of activity and inactivity. Taking admin away and basically 'resetting' membership was my last idea to get someone to step forward, and this is where we're at. I've been contemplating giving up at this point. I just don't know what else to do.

That being said, if anyone has any ideas then I'll give them my full support
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
Unblest_Devotee

Unblest_Devotee

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Eh I'm not that great at coming up with ideas. Guess we just gotta come up with weekly game nights for certain games. Like MC on one night, league another, maybe shooters on a third.
Back to top Go down
Darkrumors

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:55 am

CA is fairly active, if you didn't delete your account or the old clan I could recruit on there, whether or not you play, bringing new members is never bad, and they'd obviously still have to go through the application process.

What other games are out that we could play and find new people to bring in?

I'd say that if the gaming nights and meetings have the best turn out, we should use those as a guide. I'm not sure how we should decide on a game, but I guess we could decide at every meeting, or run a weekly poll here so people have to check to have input.

Idk, activity has never been my strongpoint.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:26 am

I have access to both my account and the Dead Pixel leader account. I separated them a long time ago so that my activity on CA wasn't tied into the CA clan activity. Either way, you should be an admin in-game, are you not?

Depending on what I can pull off for the website, we may want to move away from just supporting 'certain games', and kind of open Dead Pixel up to be like a chill spot in the corner of the internet; the website having supporting features like being able to find other people in the community that play games that you currently play and stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Caboose

Caboose

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:24 am

It would be for the best if we can make a list of who would be on at what time in whatever time zone they're in. To the right of whomever's name would be the corresponding games people play from the most played #1 to least played #n. With this list people can easily find a party to spend their time with. Though the downfall about the idea is that people might all just have different times and games or people barely utilize the list made.

Considering each application has asked for the appliers played games, activity time, and type of communication, a list could be tooled for easy party creating use. AND if people have a change in their schedules/activity time for a certain week or month (or if they're going on a leave for a while) they can post on the corresponding forum thread that contains the list to request a change.

People who are guests/non-applicants can also request to be put on the list, as long as they provide adequate information.
Back to top Go down
Caboose

Caboose

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:26 am

And if people start playing another game they can change their list of games they play, etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:17 am

I'm attempting a similar idea with the website. Of course, it's slow moving since I'm the only one working on it, but it's an idea nonetheless.

When you register on the website, you add a list of games that you play. Then, you can look at an individual game, and it'll have a list of all the Dead Pixel members that play that game, and the times that they are usually on.

What I really want to do is hook into steam, and have an IsOnline column, to show who is actually online at that moment.. but again that won't come until later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boost activity and forum use.   Boost activity and forum use. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boost activity and forum use.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Pixel  :: The Lobby :: Base Discussions-
Jump to: