Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Leader
Echo

Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA Empty
PostSubject: Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA   Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Administration:

• Anyone currently considered an admin is no longer an admin.
  • Admins will be based on actions, not on popularity polls or who I like.
  • Admin rights will not be given until the person proves they can handle admin responsibility, and not to those who 'might' make good admins (aka prospecting).
    • I want to make this change because I don't want to elect admins that don't do anything, and make anyone who isn't an admin feel like they can't do anything

Teamspeak:

• With the changes to administration, users with Server admin will lose their priveledges
  • Requests for new channels/locked channels/etc will all need to go through me for the time being
  • I respond to requests within 24hrs of me seeing it. However, keep in mind that if I need to contact an external party to fufill the request (like a Minecraft server issue), it may take longer
  • A re-org and recondensing of channels will occur (don't worry, fan favorites like Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement will remain)
  • The Teamspeak will require an application for 'freinds-of-freinds' to join us without having to register for Dead Pixel. Without this application they will not be able to get onto the TS (if technically possible. I know you can whitelist IP's, but if this creates more problems than it solves then we will look for another solution).

Members:

• Will need to submit a new application to register for the 'new' Dead Pixel. Any accepted application will automatically be whitelisted for Teamspeak access
  • Recruitment parameters will be changed (see other thread)

Forums:

• Soft-Reset. All posts still reside, just simply in The Graveyard. I can bring certain threads back by request (like Introduction threads, picture threads, etc)
  • Will be embedded into the website. Forums will be our primary form of communication outside of games/teamspeak. I don't think we should invite new members into the Facebook group so we'll need to focus on the forums again
  • We will revive the currently unused forums for now until I get the embedded forums onto the website. I don't want to sit around and wait until I finish that, so it'll come just not now.

Clan:

• Considering a hierarchical chart. The main purpose is to protect the community from potentially bad/toxic/unsavory(yes we taste them) new recruits. Something simple along the lines of Recruit, Member, Senior Member, Admin, Co-Leader, Leader for a slight structure
  • Monthly meetings are back, starting November 30th.

• After an MVP (minimum viable product) is available, it will go live
  • Features will be added incrementally to prevent my own personal flaw of not doing x because y isn't completely done
  • Features to look out for: Website registration and account tied to built-in forums, editable profiles, featured players (promoting streams and channels), member of the month, shoutbox, community-driven content

**********************************************************************************************************

Literally, AMA. Ask me about anything, give me feedback, suggest more changes. If you don't understand why I'm changing something, ask. If there is info that is commonly sought out I will edit the original post with something similar to the blue line above. There will be more things to come, but a lot of these will be going into effect very soon (or already have).
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

PostSubject: Re: Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA   Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 am

I'm da best, amiright?
Back to top Go down
Caboose

Caboose

PostSubject: Re: Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA   Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:11 pm

1) How would the member of the month be chosen? What is it based on?
2) What is a shoutbox?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA   Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:44 pm

I think member of the month should be chosen by the admins based on the criteria of who contributed the most to the clan (like organizing an event or providing ideas/suggestions on the community or recruiting several new solid members etc).

This way it avoids being a popularity contest every month, and it encourages people to go outside the norm to try and improve the community. Admins should already be doing this and they get enough recognition from their position, so I don't think they should be valid candidates.

A shoutbox is pretty much just a chat room, just like you would see on the side of twitch
Back to top Go down
Paiste

Paiste

PostSubject: Re: Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA   Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Can I keep my bakery?
Back to top Go down
Steam
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA   Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm

It's still there, description, icon, and all. It has been renamed to The Bakery though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA   Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes coming to Dead Pixel, AMA
Page 1 of 1